- Goto Systen --> Administration --> Add/Remove Software
- In the search box type "gutenprint" and click [Find]
- Add a check mark next to "Cups drivers for Canon, Epson, HP and compatible printers"
- Click "Apply"
- Then goto System --> Administration --> Printing
- Click "New"
- Select the "i860 USB #1" and click [Forward] (this was in my case it may be a different number for you)
- Select "Canon" and click [Forward]
- The "i860" model and "Canon i860 - CUPS+Gutenprint v.5.0.2 ...] should be selected and click [Forward]
- You can change the name if you want but i just left it as "i860" and clicked [Apply]
- Once the install is complete I would test the printer by selecting it from the list and clicking [Print Test Page]
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Here is the easiest way I have found to get the driver in there.
No I am not the one who came up with this fix. The credit goes to /crisis website.
- Open a terminal window
su -and enter your root password
yum install libflashsupport
- When it is done you should be good to go.